Call for donations
Endangering of environment
and biodiversity has become a global process acquiring alarming dimensions.
Recognition and verification of overall biodiversity on the earth is realized
through the study of separate regions and represent the starting point
in the protection, preservation and rational utilization of natural resources.
The protection of biodiversity of species, both in situ and ex situ is
seen as the best way to fight against massive desapperance pf scecies.
Both the UN Declaration on environment and development in 1992 and Agenda
21 contain a section on protection of flora and habitats, and urgent organization
and realization of ex situ protection programme by foundation of botanical
garden, seed banks etc. is ncessary as additional to edition of the Red
book of flora in our country.
In accordance with the above mentioned facts, the foundation of Botanical
garden has begun in Kragujevac. It will be the institution of multiple
- preservation of natural resources of the state and the diversity of
wildlife of our country and broader
- it will serve as the basis for investigation in acclimation and introduction
- it will provide conditions for expansion of biological and ecological
culture of population
- it will help with the education of pupils and students
- it will improve the tourist bidding
- it will provide possibilities for the realization of national and international
ecological youth camps
- citizens will obtain additional place for aesthetic enjoyment, rest